Proverbs Chapter 1 - 6
Many people read the Proverbs as the way to connect with God and His wisdom. This is part one of a two-volume commentary on the book of Proverbs and is designed to take you deeper into the meaning and understanding of what Solomon was really trying to tell us. Proverbs was penned 3,000 years ago, but it is still weighty, profound, and insightful today—revealing secrets of having a great life.
See what Solomon tells us about:
- The secrets of leadership;
- The comparisons that bring us to our senses before we get lost in a stupid pursuit or perspective;
- The ways to deal with 63 different kinds of fools that will come into your life at various times;
- The pithy sayings about the rules of money that will allow you to gain all you need without being corrupted by it;
- The crucial insights for healthy marriage, family, and relationships.
Too often a person waits until they go through an experience before they know what to do. The book of Proverbs is God’s way of saying, "Here is wisdom so you don’t have to learn the hard way!" There is not a day that goes by that I do not consult the Proverbs for God’s answers to the specific issues and problems I am facing. This book is a collection of my comments about Solomon’s insights into life and people. It contains the answers on how to conduct your life so you can stop yourself from being stupid or destructive. In reality, the secrets of having a great life are recorded in the powerful statements in the book of Proverbs.