Positive psychology is telling us what the Bible has said for 2,000 years. The keys to becoming a deeply happy person come down to 8 key qualities. Study after study shows that the happiest people...
- Are grateful, teachable, and humble
- Have processed their mistakes, wounds, pain, and losses
- Have developed impulse control and use their emotions to fuel and enjoy life
- Pursue their dreams and positive purpose with diligence
- Are forgiving, non-judgmental and gracious
- Think positive, beneficial, constructive thoughts rejecting unethical, and selfish thoughts
- Savor each day, harmonize with the people around them and do not attack others
- Set boundaries for themselves and others and sacrifice to protect those boundaries
The problem with the above list is that we don't believe the studies and we don't really want any of these qualities. We still think that the key to happiness is money, power, popularity, and/or pleasure.
But true, long-lasting happiness is from the inside out.
I believe that God wants our best even though we may not and so He enrolls us in "classes" to develop these missing ingredients. We can either cooperate with Him or fight what He is trying to teach.
This book will help you know which "class" God has enrolled you in and can help you pass the quizzes, tests, and finals He is giving. If you do not pass the exams, then you stay enrolled the same course until you get it right. You don't have to do that anymore! I know people who have been enrolled in anger management class for thirty years and still haven't passed the final. God knows that your ultimate joy and happiness will be in the development of the 8 qualities listed above so He constantly gives you opportunities to work on these qualities.
I am amazed at the difference in the lives of people who begin cooperating with God on these qualities rather than fighting Him. Remember. the happiest people have the above qualities. Learn how you can get there.